Meet Mayor Karen Spiegel
I’ve proudly called Riverside County home for over three decades. My husband, Bobby, and I raised our five wonderful children and one amazing grandson here while running our family business. I love our community, and I want to make Riverside County an affordable place to live and start a family.
As a local Mayor, I fought to balance our budget and make my city one of the safest in America.
I also helped deliver over $3 billion in transportation improvements to Riverside County.
As your County Supervisor, I will deliver results for you by:
- Attracting businesses and opportunities so residents don’t feel forced to commute.
- Ensuring public safety have the resources they need to keep us safe.
- Providing our children with safe schools and a world-class education.
- Addressing homelessness through housing, long-term care, and job placement.
- Reducing traffic congestion and upgrading infrastructure without raising taxes.
I’ve earned endorsements from our community leaders, including Supervisor John Tavaglione, District Attorney Mike Hestrin, the entire Jurupa Valley and Norco City Councils, and a majority of the Corona, Eastvale, and Riverside City Councils.
I’m endorsed by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association because I’m committed to fighting for public safety, high-paying jobs, less traffic congestion, and fiscal responsibility. I would be honored to earn your vote.
Karen’s public service Includes:
- Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC)
- Commissioner and Past Chair Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)
- Regional Council Member SCAG
- Vice Chair Transportation Committee Southern California Regional Rail Authority
- Board Member SR-91 Advisory Committee
- Board Member and Past Chair League of California Cities – Riverside Division
- Member and Past President League of California Cities-State Administrative Committee
- Member and Past Chair Riverside County Commission for Women, District 2
- Commissioner Western Riverside County Regional Conservation Authority (RCA)
- Alternate WTS Advancing Women in Transportation
- American Public Transportation Association
- Riverside Orange County Authority (ROCA)
- Four Corners Transportation Coalition
- Vice Chair State Route 15 Stakeholder Advisory Committee Riverside Transit Agency (RTA)
- Past Chair and Board Member; Transportation NOW Committee
- Past Chair and Member Western Riverside County of Governments (WRCOG)
- LOSSAN (Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo Rail Corridor)
- Women’s Business Partnership
- Co-Founder Healthy Corona Committee
- Founder & Chair Corona LAFF (Life After Fifty-Five)
- Founder & Chair Women’s Leadership Program (Founder)
As a resident of Riverside County and Corona for over thirty-one years, Karen Spiegel is an active member of the community. Her “roll-up your sleeves” attitude has led her to immerse herself in many civic, business and community activities including:
- Riverside-Corona 100 Women Who Care (Co-Founder)
- Corona Chamber of Commerce ACS Relay For Life (Sponsorship Chair)
- Riverside Meals on Wheels Community Services Network (Founder & Past Chair)
- Healthy Corona (Founder & Chair)
- Riverside County Health Coalition Soroptimist
- International of Corona (Past President & Member)
- Corona LAFF Senior Group (Founder & Chair)
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA) (Past Board Member)
- Alternatives to Domestic Violence (ADV) (Past Board Member)
- Trauma Intervention Program (TIP) (Charter Volunteer)
- United Neighbors Involving Today’s Youth (UNITY) (Board Member)
- Corona Chamber Ambassador Emeritus
- Corona Fire Safety Foundation (Board Member)
- Simple Acts of Care and Kindness (SACK) Foundation (Board Member)
- Congregation Beth Shalom (Past President)
- Woman’s Improvement Club RCCD Friends of Forensics (Board Member)
- Friends of the Corona Public Library (Life Member)
- Corona Historic Preservation Society (Life Member)
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) (Charter volunteer)
- Corona-Norco Interfaith Association (1998)
- Founding Member Corona History Association